Green Braes in 1974
l to r Back Row
[Photo courtesy of L. Menzies]
The Regina Police Service Pipes & Drums was formed in 1985 and initially instructed by George Crawford and Howard Chamberlain. Initially, the band was made up of police members only, all the new players having learned from scratch. Over time, more experienced pipers and drummer joined from the community, and currently, the band is comprised of mostly civilian members.
We need photos and more history here.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church Boy's Pipe Band, with kilts, bagpipes, drums, standing on church steps. Back row centre is Tom Hogg. Middle row left to right: Archie Macmillan, Billy Montgomery, Muriel Boyle.
Date: [ca. 1940].
Source: Local History Room, Saskatoon Public Library
The Yorkton & District Pipe Band was established in 1978 and performs at community functions in the Yorkton District.